Overall, I am really satisfied by how my current intervention (Indonesian Kitsch Culture) is evolving from confusion into something that I can actually process into a tangible artifact, which was something I really enjoyed making and a good starting point of something bigger later in my project. I start to actually be engaged and be really immersed in my research and overall, my journey.
However, there are some aspects that my tutor, Diana, pointed out during the intervention showcase that I really need to consider for iterating my question and the next interventions testing. These aspects are:
INTERVENTION VS. ACTION RESEARCH
I failed to make a distinction between an intervention and an action research. Another thing that I failed to attempt during the intervention testing is to ask the CHANGE that my intervention testing subject/ audience feel/experience when they were doing the intervention. I personally feel it was really hard to actually be engaged with the potential stakeholders/experts/collaborators regarding of testing my intervention. Contacting people online requires many attempts and it’ll take long durations (as I test my intervention to my target audiences in Jakarta, Indonesia), and I didn’t utilise my time properly during the intervention testing period. As I’m coming back to my country for one month during the Independent Study Period I can use this as an opportunity to do rigorous testings as I’m going to be working really close to my target audiences.
REEVALUATING MY QUESTION